Saturday, August 19, 2017

ASK ME

Hi there!
This is me working hard as usual!!
I've been painting for a long time and I LOVE working with paint.  I do a lot of techniques and moves that I don't even remember why I started doing them.  I always have paint on me, somewhere.  And, I wear coveralls most of the time because I'm always working in my studio, a client's home or touching paint in one way or another.
I would love to help you with your painting projects.
If you have any questions about painting, paint colors,
decorating with color, please feel free to 
"ask me".
A big THANK YOU!! for visiting my blog.
~
SOMETIMES I DON'T SEE YOUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RESPONSE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME, AGAIN.
(OR, EMAIL AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST)
~
I'm texturing Saundra's kitchen walls so the painters can get everything painted before I start painting a special finish on her cabinets.  If other contractors work on a job I'm usually the last person to come in.  I'm sure the contractors appreciate that they don't have to be so careful around the newly painted cabinets.  The texture I'm doing is a light santa fe look with a 5" broad knife and sheetrock mud.  Saundra loves this textured look.
Under "kitchens, cabinets, etc." you can see the pistacio distressed cabinets I painted in this kitchen.  Also, you can see the newly built vent-a-hood that I painted to look like "antique copper".  The "antique copper" looked sooo good with the pistacio color.
Here is that link:
~
When Patti was building her BEAUTIFUL! new home I spent more than 3 months working there.  But, for about a year before that she was bringing me all sorts of things to paint for her new home.  She brought me tiles, furniture to be installed in baths, light fixtures, lots of different things, even her weathervane to go on top of her home.  
In this photo I was painting artwork in one of her four groin ceilings in her entry hall.  In each one I painted different patterns but used the same colors and it looked so nice with her stone and fabulous light fixtures.  It was lots of hard work, but I'm very proud of how everything looks now.  Patti has such great taste and it really shows in this wonderful home.
Thank you, Patti! 
Here is a link to that project:
~
EMAIL ME AT:  lynberg@prodigy.net
or
LEAVE A QUESTION OR COMMENT BELOW

2 comments:

  1. hello, I gel stained my light oak cabinets and now not happy with it. Can I lightened with a light gel stain?
    thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      New products are different and always changing, so you can ask your paint store or google that information.
      If you want to try a lighter gel stain over your dark to see how it might look, you can do that. Maybe a seond coat of gel stain would look even better.
      BUT, my experience is that gel stains are transparent. I always use a bonding primer first. Zinsser (oil) is my choice. Next, paint over that with a paint color close to what you want your cabinets to be, again. Then use a gel stain over that. After dries really well you can add another coat of gel stain if you want. Then seal really well with two coats of clear sealer. Even though the gel stain is oil based, I have been told you can use a water based sealer. I do. Old Masters is the gel stain brand I always use. I think you can look them up online and get lots of info. or even YouTube can give you info. It would be good to be patient and let primer and gel stain coats dry overnight/really well. Sometimes, gel stains take two days to dry, depending on how thick you are brushing on. You can brush on and when you are happy with your brush strokes let dry thoroughly. I always brush on and with a rag wipe to make linear stripes to simulate how wood grain would look.
      Before you start on your cabinets, you can practice on the inside of one of your cabinet doors or poster board or any surface you want.
      Hope this was helpful. Please feel free to "ask", again.
      Lynda

      Delete