Thursday, October 19, 2017

FROM PLAIN TO ELEGANT~~PAINT & DECORATIVE WOOD TRIM PIECES DRAMATICALLY CHANGED THESE TWO CEILINGS

I'm not a "decorator", but I do have good ideas, sometimes.
 These clients asked me to come by and look at two of their ceilings.  The dining room ceiling and the master bedroom ceiling.  They said they had seen a few things in other homes and what did I think could be done.  In both rooms, walls and ceilings were painted the same color. 
    
The dining room walls and ceiling were beige.  
My client happened to mention that she loved red and had red accents around the room.  So, I suggested painting the very top part of the ceiling red and adding wooden trim pieces around the edges.  I mentioned rope trim because her chandelier was made with metallic gold rope accents and tassels all over it
This is the master bedroom ceiling. That top part was painted the same greenie beige as the walls.
I painted the very top flat part a soft white and painted the trim the same soft white color.  
Actually, I painted all of that trim before it was installed. 
 Touched up the nail holes after installation. 
 It really made the job much easier.
These are the unfinished trim pieces I picked out for the two rooms.
I painted them and the carpenter installed both rooms.
For more pictures and TUTORIAL about installing these trim pieces,
Here is a link to this job/post on my decorative artisan blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment