Monday, August 14, 2017

PAINTING ON DUCK CLOTH FABRIC FOR CHAIR CUSHIONS

PAINTING ON DUCK CLOTH FABRIC FOR CHAIR CUSHIONS

I love showing you what clients are asking me to do in their homes to,
 hopefully, inspire and encourage you in the decorating of your homes.
Some of my clients are really good at decorating their homes.
Others have designers to help them with their decorating.
A client ordered some chairs for her dining room and the chair cushions were going to be white.  She wanted more color and showed me a pattern sample of the colors she wanted on those chair cushions.   It took me a while to paint the above sample.
I traced this design onto duck cloth.  Got started painting the cloth. 
Then the decorator said it was enough to show her client for approval.
 My main concern is, the chairs haven't come in yet and I don't know what kind of fabric is on those chair cushions.  So, it might be a challenge painting on that fabric.
 We'll see!
~
USE FABRIC MEDIUM
When I paint on fabric, I always use fabric medium.  You can find it wherever craft paints are sold.  I don't usually use "fabric paint".  I use "craft" paints:  Americana, Folkart, Ceramcoat, Martha Stewart, Apple Barrel and others.  If you add fabric medium it helps thin the paint enough to soak into your fabric.  Acrylic craft paints are durable and dry hard enough to wipe (not scrub) or clean your project if it needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment