Tuesday, September 19, 2017

PAINTING SKY & CLOUDS ARTWORK IN A NICHE ABOVE THE LINEN CABINET

PAINTING SKY & CLOUDS ARTWORK IN A NICHE ABOVE THE LINEN CABINET

While I was doing other work at Carolina's home she asked me to look at her guest bath.  She wanted me to paint the cabinets black and metallic gold.  There was an open space above her linen cabinet and she asked if I could paint a sky inside of it.  
She added a bird nest.  
That completed the scene and looked just beautiful to me.
There is a light at the bottom, shining up at the sky.
Here you can see it from the guest bedroom.
Before she added the bird nest.
~
TUTORIAL
In a small space like this you can paint the blue first and add swirly white or you can paint the white first and paint some swirly blue.  Then, work on the area to get your clouds and sky just the way you want them.  I used brushes, but you can use a rag or a sponge.  If you want to add some branches, use a small brush.  Use the paint colors of green for leaves and brown for branches.  Draw your branches then draw tiny leaves or the size you want them to be for your sky.
I used craft paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment