Saturday, September 16, 2017

A STURDY TABLE FOR MY ROUTER TABLE

A STURDY TABLE FOR MY ROUTER TABLE

When I got my new router it was difficult for me to hold it in place when I was working with it.  My neighbor is a carpenter and built this table for me.  It is so nice to work with my router, now.
  He made it just my height.
It stays in place when I'm pushing on the boards that I'm cutting.  See that little silver latch on the front?  That is to open and lean the table back so I can replace the router bit. 
That shelf is to hold my shop vac to catch all of the saw dust and it really does catch it all.  Standing so close and leaning over the table, I didn't have to breathe in any of the dust.  He even custom made a little pvc attachment so my vacuum hose would fit the router table outlet.  See those two rollers on the bottom?
See the posts on this side?  He thought of everything.
On this side I lift the table, hold onto the metal legs and pull.  The rollers on the other side let it roll so I can move it wherever I need to.  Being a carpenter he thought of everything that might be a problem for me using my router.  So easy!  And, so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment