Sunday, September 17, 2017

DRAWING & PAINTING STRIPES

DRAWING & PAINTING STRIPES

 
~
DRAWING & PAINTING STRIPES TUTORIAL

First, I painted the base coat.  The client told me about how wide they wanted the stripes.  I measured around the room and decided how wide they could be.  But, it's important to count the stripes and make sure that when you get to the end, you don't have two of the same color.  Even though I know how to count, I still use my yard stick and go around the room, saying to myself: "pink/orange, pink/orange".  A long time ago when I was painting stripes I had everything measured just perfectly and at the end, I had two of the same color!!!!!  Not sure how that happened, but, that's why I count around the room just making sure there are NO mistakes!  As you're painting, if you see you're going to have a few inches left over or a few inches short, it's ok to start adding or taking away 1/4" or 1/2" to each stripe.  As you're wrapping around a corner, you can cheat a little bit, too.  
It will all come out looking really nice.  
Have fun!! 
(LINK TO)
(LINK TO)
(LINK TO)
(LINK TO)
 DISTRESSED AMERICAN FLAG I PAINTED
Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan    PAINTING, PAINTING A STRIPE & DISTRESSING FURNITURE FOR PATTI'S BEACH HOUSE
ONE STRIPE IS COOL
(LINK TO)
Parents to-be asked me to paint these stripes in their nursery.
The dad measured and marked where he wanted me to paint the stripes.Then!  I had to make them match at the fourth corner.  Plan ahead to end your stripes behind the door.
(LINK TO)
(LINK TO)
(LINK TO)

No comments:

Post a Comment